There are many ways to top up Telkomsel's internet quota, for example with the MyTelkomsel application, buying via credit, filling up internet quota via MKIOS, or by using a Telkomsel quota voucher.
However, most people prefer to use Telkomsel vouchers because they are considered simple, usually the price offered is cheaper, and the risk is minimal compared to buying an internet package via credit.
Even though it's actually very easy to enter a Telkomsel voucher, you only need to follow the *123* Telkomsel Voucher Code # format to use a Telkomsel voucher, but it's not uncommon for problems like Telkomsel vouchers to not be used.
Because there are still few who discuss this problem, therefore here I will give tips to overcome Telkomsel vouchers that cannot be used easily and quickly. For further explanation, please read in full below, hopefully it will help solve the problem you are facing.
Reasons for Telkomsel Vouchers Cannot Be Used
Basically, the reason why Telkomsel vouchers cannot be used does not occur due to the same problem, aka different causes. So to solve Telkomsel vouchers that cannot be used, you must first know the problem that causes this Telkomsel voucher to not be used
How to Overcome Telkomsel Vouchers Cannot Use
Here are some ways to solve the problem that Telkomsel vouchers cannot be used according to errors that may occur
1. Wrong Format When Entering Voucher
This problem occurs when the Telkomsel voucher you buy has never been used or is new, and the voucher you buy is a regional Telkomsel voucher around the area where you live.
This happened due to an error in entering the MMI code format (dial code) to use the voucher. MMI code format (dial up) to enter the correct Telkomsel voucher is code *133*Telkomsel Voucher Code#.
Make sure when entering the Telkomsel voucher code you are not locking the 4G Only signal mode, because the 4G signal is not good for SMS or telephone (dial up) only superior on the internet network. Therefore, you should enter the voucher code with a signal mode other than 4G only, such as 2G or 3G.
If this problem has not been resolved using the above method, you can try using a Telkomsel voucher in other ways, such as entering a Telkomsel voucher via the MyTelkomsel application or by calling 888.
what you need to do
- Make sure your MMI code format is not wrong
- Make sure the Telkomsel voucher code you entered is not wrong (check 2-3 times)
- Make sure your cellphone's signal mode is not 4G only
- If the above method has not resolved the problem, you can try to enter your Telkomsel voucher in other ways, such as through the MyTelkomsel application or by calling 888
2. Different Regional Telkomsel Vouchers
Why does this happen ? Naughty traders are tricked. On the front of the Telkomsel voucher is usually written information where the Voucher can be used. So when buying, you must see the regional description of the voucher product physically
Some rogue traders deliberately buy vouchers at lower prices outside certain regional zones and then resell them indirectly (via online) in order to earn big profits.
It could also be because the owner of the counter was tricked from a fake outlet. In a pack of Telkomsel vouchers, several vouchers with different regional areas are inserted. Here the counter owner who is less observant actually doesn't know anything
Sometimes the owner of the counter immediately gets a complaint from the buyer, of course not all buyers have a big heart. Some buyers may be angry and often trigger a commotion
Old stuff, zones change too
This is the cause that happens quite often so that consumers must always have a good attitude towards the counter owner. Indeed, at the beginning of each year, Telkomsel usually changes the regional arrangement or policy on the use of vouchers suddenly. The condition of vouchers that have not been sold must still follow the new zoning policy set by Telkomsel's service, as a result when used, a notification appears outside the regional area
This problem is usually marked by a notification "sorry, the voucher cannot be used in your region" and occurs because the regional location listed on the voucher is different from where you are currently, for example: the regional location listed on the voucher is Jabodetabek but you entered the voucher in the East Java Region, Kediri.
To solve this problem you must only use the voucher according to the regional location listed on the voucher. Example: if the regional location listed on the voucher is Jabodetabek then use the voucher in the Jabodetabek area.
However, even if the regional location on the voucher and your location when using the voucher is correct, sometimes you can still get this problem. If you experience this, the solution is to activate the HP GPS feature to notify the system of your current location and then try to enter the voucher code again.
what you need to do
- Make sure your current location and the regional location listed on the voucher match
- If the regional location listed on the voucher and your current location match but the notification "sorry, the voucher cannot be used in your region", then try activating your cellphone's GPS to notify the system of your current location and then try entering return voucher code
- Error Not Registered on Network
- This kind of error is rarely encountered but that doesn't mean it never happened and according to some sources, this error usually appears on Samsung branded cellphones and the notification appears almost the same as the invalid MMI problem, but unfortunately for this one problem, the exact solution is not yet known
Here are some ways to fix it, you can try ON-OFF airplane mode. Then if it still doesn't solve the problem, you can reset the cellular network by changing the cellular network to another provider and then changing it back to the Telkomsel provider's cellular network.
The next way is to change the signal mode to 2G, 3G, 3.5G or other signal modes other than 4G only, by changing the signal I hope your problem has been solved and the "Error Not Registered On Network" notification does not appear again
what you need to do
- Try ON-OFF airplane mode
- Change the cellular network to another provider's cellular network and switch it back to the Telkomsel provider's cellular network
- Change the signal mode to 2G, 3G, or other signal mode, other than 4G Only
4. Return the Voucher to the Seller
The next way to deal with vouchers that cannot be used is to return them to the seller, hopefully the seller is loyal enough so that the buyer gets a new replacement voucher.
Some sellers also have a trade rule "Goods that have been purchased cannot be returned", that's because you are stubborn about refilling the voucher at home, you should refill it at the seller's place so that if something goes wrong you can immediately replace it with a new one
If you are one of those who have a big heart, it's better if the problem ends here and becomes a lesson so that in the future you can refill it via vouchers directly at the seller's place. It's a pity that the seller doesn't know anything and is forced to obey the trade rules set by his boss. When do you have the heart to see the seller has to take a pay cut
If you think about it, reloading internet packages via vouchers is cheaper, but that doesn't mean it's without risk. You can also buy internet packages on a regular basis and after the incoming package is paid for
5. Check if the Telkomsel voucher has been used or not
To check the Telkomsel Voucher, you only need an active Telkomsel number. Usually this method is used to find out how much the data package contains in the voucher without using it. If it has been used, the contents of the quota in the voucher no longer exist because it has been used. To find out whether the Telkomsel voucher you bought/found has been used or not, follow this tutorial:
- Voucher Code eg 9121 3252 2673 237 (15 digits)
To check the contents of the voucher or its status, please enter only 12 digits (the last 3 digits do not need to be entered)
- So, *123*912132522673# , the last 3 digits of 237 do not need to be entered
- There are 2 reports regarding the status of Telkomsel vouchers, the first report shows the package information and the active period of the voucher as shown below. Means the voucher is still not used
- While the information that shows "Sorry the voucher cannot be used because it has been used" means that it can't be used anymore
6. Another way
- Make sure you have received a confirmation SMS regarding the activation of the package, if you haven't tried waiting for a few hours, maybe the system is having problems
- Check the status of the number, make sure it is not blocked and has been registered using the applicable NIK data
- Restart the smartphone, then try entering the voucher code in a few moments
- Try contacting Telkomsel via Email : email@example.com, Twitter : @telkomsel, Facebook : Telkomsel, Call 188 for kartuHalo, simPATI, Kartu As and Loop users
- Make sure the voucher validity period is still active, check using the 5th method
7. Error due to system busy or error
Some users who try to enter the voucher code always fail and a "Sorry system is busy/error" notification appears and this keeps happening several times. I don't know what the problem is. According to rumors that I have read, this error appears because the Telkomsel card has been forfeited or has not been registered using a NIK. Try contacting Telkomsel Customers to solve this problem further
- Call 188, can be contacted directly via cellphone at a rate of Rp. 300,
- Call the domestic number 0807 1881 811, or overseas +628110 000 333, normal rates apply
- It can also be through the Virtual Assistant on the MyTelkomsel Application
- Line : @Telkomsel , Telegram : @Telkomsel_official_bot
8. Use UMB Code *556#
As far as I know there are 2 UMB codes to use Telkomsel vouchers, among others.
- *123# Telkomsel Voucher Code #
- *556# Telkomsel Voucher Code #
If the first UMB code fails, try using the second UMB code, after that wait for a notification from Telkomsel stating that the internet package is active
That's my brief explanation of how to deal with Telkomsel vouchers that can't be used quickly and easily. Hopefully the short explanation above is useful and helps solve the problem you are facing.